Kriya is named after the energy of the sun. When you have a lot of "sun energy", you do not get cold, you are energetic, expressive, extroverted and enthusiastic. It is the energy of purification. It holds the weight down. It aids in digestion. It makes the mind clear, analytic and action-oriented. Traditionally available only to select groups of yogis, Surya Kriya is being offered by Sadhguru as a comprehensive spiritual practice that is ideal for the hectic pace of today's world."Surya" means sun and "Kriya" means "inner energy process." Surya Kriya activates the solar plexus within the system and balances a person's energies leading to stability of the body and stillness of the mind. It is a potent 21-step yogic practice of tremendous antiquity, designed as a holistic process for health and inner wellbeing.
The Li'l Yoga Shop is excited to have Siri Cherukuri teach this practice. Siri has spent 6 months in India perfecting this spiritual practice. She has 1750 hours of intense training in Surya Kriya. She has been traveling around the country teaching this intense class and is bringing her experience and energy to Akron. Join Siri as she delves into this spiritual practice of inner cleansing and strengthening.
- Posture and balance improves
- Offers relief from chronic back and neck pain
- Stimulates and increases the blood flow to the thyroid and balances its secretion
- Better circulation of lymph resulting in improved immunity
- Overall sense of wellbeing
- Overall circulation of blood to the skin causing increased perspiration that helps detoxify the blood.
- Toning of skin and better complexion
- Improves functioning of the heart causing better circulation resulting in and better supply to vital organs.
- The whole nervous system is stimulated
- Increases concentration, memory, learning, focus
- Great emotional balance and reduces anxiety
Friday, May 1 6:30-8:30 pm
Saturday, May 2 3:00-6:00 pm
Sunday, May 3 3:00-5:00 pm
Space is limited.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure a space
This program is open to participants age 14+( experience with yoga is not necessary).
Due to the nature of this practice, there are some contraindications. People who fall under any of the below categories are not eligible to participate at this time
•- Women who are currently pregnant
•- Anyone who has had a major open surgery in the last 6 months
•- Anyone who has had a laparoscopic surgery in the last 6 weeks
As a general note, always consult and follow your doctor's advice. If you have any questions regarding your participation, please email.